Meatable is growing fast and secured its Series A funding round earlier this year. With this money, we are now fully in the process of moving from a start-up to a scale-up organization – and therefore pre-empting and solving all the challenges associated with this transformation. We are now boosting the timelines and progression of our research, but also investing in the commercialization of our products and the development of our organization.
We have built a leading in-house Strategy and Commerce team, and are now looking for a talented strategic thinker who can single-handedly manage a diverse range of strategic projects across multiple areas of the organization.
As Strategy Specialist you will be at the heart of the Strategy Team, and assist Meatable’s Leadership by ensuring we have all the data, analysis and knowledge to make the correct strategic decisions in shaping Meatable’s future. These responsibilities will be both internal (e.g. gathering the correct input from R&D and Operations teams) and external (market research, market assessments, competitive analyses etc.). As Strategy Specialist you should be comfortable and capable working independently, managing strategic projects which feed into wider decision making in the organization. You should also an outstanding and flexible communicator, able to work effectively with the diverse range personalities and ways of thinking throughout the organization.
The Strategy Specialist will have plenty of freedom to tackle Meatable’s strategic challenges. You will work with a team of bright colleagues, including the Strategy Manager (5+ years at Strategy&), Director of Commerce & Strategy (10+ years at BCG) and the CEO (7+ years at McKinsey). So this role will be a great adventure for an experienced consultant who wants to help build a company with the potential to make the world a better place.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Independently conduct strategic projects. For example:
* Size and forecast our addressable market and market share (based on external data, analysis and competitive analysis), driving decision making on future product portfolio
- Helping to define our product strategy (coordinating inputs from R&D, Commerce and Food science), answering key go/no-go questions to drive decision making
- Maintain a database of competitor product and market data, advise for strategic focus based on our relative strength and differentiation
- Value chain mapping and target screening
- Various projects to support R&D function, for example evaluating potential outsourcing partners
* Implementing change in the organisation e.g. new toolings, planning
* Preparing meetings, presentations and business intelligence to support the Management Team and Strategy Team
* Assisting with Board, Management and investor-facing storylining, presentations and analysis
* Unique challenges arising from the fast paced and rapidly developing nature of our business, e.g. setting up new functions, problem solving gaps and opportunities in the organisation
If you think there is a match we would love to receive your CV and a short motivation. Please follow the link to our recruitment partner in this search Top of Minds, and apply*:
* In your application, please be as specific as possible as to what experience you have to bring to our team.