We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and talented Molecular and Cell Biology Scientist to join our Genetic Engineering and Cell Line Development team. You are expected to independently conduct research projects involving setting up novel approaches for the generation of different mammalian cell lines using cutting-edge methodologies. As a Scientist, you will participate in the design, execution, and optimization of several R&D projects, as well as characterizing outcomes and efficiency. You will collaborate with other scientists and research assistants within Meatable to guarantee that our patented animal cell lines perform at their best and that they can be used in a food-grade process to generate delicious meat.
We are looking for a new team member with proven experience in molecular cloning and gene editing, i.e. by CRISPR-Cas9, mammalian cell culture, and pluripotent stem cell biology. You will be an essential part of our multidisciplinary team of researchers, working independently but also as part of a larger team. The ideal candidate is a team player, is self-driven, has a strong work ethic, a critical mind, and excellent communication skills.
- Design, plan, and perform experiments.
- Mammalian tissue culture experiments: cell culture, genome editing using CRISPR or other genetic engineering tools.
- Genetic screening by PCR, Southern blotting, Sanger Sequencing.
- Cellular phenotype assessment by gene and protein expression analysis.
- Critical interpretation and analysis of results.
- Verbal and written communication of plans and experimental outcomes.
- Maintaining a laboratory notebook as well as writing and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Literature research.
- High capacity for problem solving.
- Supervision of research assistants and students.
If you think there is a match we would love to receive your CV and a short motivation. Please follow the link and apply*:
* In your application, please be as specific as possible as to what experience you have to bring to our team.